my husband works for apple and so we have more apple products than we have people in the house, and our kids can navigate the iPhones, iPads, and iPods better than Grandma!
So from our iPad to yours, with love, here are our TOP 6
The ENDLESS ALPHABET app was recommended to me by a friend on facebook. This quickly made it to the top of my list. There are a list of things I love about this.
1. Teaches them puzzle skills
2. Teaches them the shape of CAPITAL alphabet letters
3. Teaches them the sound of each letter
4. Teaches them the meaning of big words, broadening their vocabulary
5. All the animations are so CUTE AND FUN
This ABC Alphabet Phonics-Preschool Kids Game Free App, really needs to have a shorter name ;) but I do love this app because it is very customizable
1. I could customize it to do LOWER CASE letters, a lot of alphabet games only do capital letters, but they will see more lower case letters in the reading so they need to know those too
2. I customized the prompts with my own voice, so when the kids play it they smile and giggle and say "Mommy!!!"
Shape Puzzle(Deluxe)-Kids Favorite Word Learning Game, is a winner here, let me tell you why
1) It is a great PUZZLE game, my youngest son at 18 month old learned to do puzzles on this app and impressed everyone who watched
2) It taught my kids a lot of vocabulary that they could use, and helped them communicate better with me. I was so impressed! I think this single reason should count as a hundred reasons to get it ;)
Ballonimals Lite is not educational but quite fun! The Lite version only does one animal, but my kids don't care, they will make this green dinosaur over and over again and giggle when he pops ;)
Toddler's Seek & Find: My Zoo Animals. This app is a fun interactive scene, you just have to try it ;)
Toddler Puzzle Shapes I love the background music to this app
1. helped the kids with PUZZLE skills
2 helped them identify and name SHAPES My oldest knew all his shapes by 2 years old
All these Apps are for free with the option to pay for upgrades. I just have the free ones on my phone, because I am to cheap to buy them.
Let me know if I missed any amazing apps! comment your favorite app and I will have my kids test them ;) ;)