Growing up, I have memories of my mom make a bunch of ornaments for our themed tree. One of my favorites she made were these Reindeer ornaments
They were my favorite because she would hide chocolate Kisses inside
This year I made some for my tree and some to give away. I love these little deer they fill me with Christmas memories from my childhood, and memories of my dear mother who always filled every holiday with cheer!
I used my mom's pattern but tried to put my own spin on them by adding some color...
HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS
1) Cut plastic canvas 10x10 squares
2) Thread yarn back and forth top to bottom
3) Sew two sides of two together with the yarn
5) There will be two sides of two squares left untouched. Sew around all four edges separately (don't sew them together like you did with the past sides) so there will be an opening for the mouth.
6) Add all the fun stuff! Some antlers made from pipe cleaner (I just poke them through and twist them), some goggly eyes, and a fuzzy nose (I hot glue both the eyes and nose)!
7) Add Chocolate Kisses for extra fun!
No time to craft this year? but you still want some to give these Kiss Reindeer to teachers or neighbors, add to your stocking stuffers, or decorate your tree with?
Head over to KimsHoppinCrafts on Etsy. My mom has finished sets you can buy and soon she will have kits with everything you need to make these. These are easy enough to make with the kids and would make the perfect family christmas craft to do together :)